Posts for fencing and the right fence height
To guarantee optimal safety of the animals, the correct fence height and convenient distances between the posts have to be considered
Posts for fencing and the right distances
The break-out of animals from a pasture that is locked with an electric fence causes problems. Equally problematic is the possibility that red deer or boars break in and damage or destroy crops. To prevent this, you have to pay attention to the correct distances between the posts and the correct fence height.
The following distances have proven their worth, so that the conductor does not sag between the posts:
- Wires: 6 m to 8 m (according to the dead weight)
- Tapes: 3 m (40 mm tapes), 5 m (20 mm tapes), 6- 8 m (10 mm tapes)
- Ropes: 4 m (diameter 7-8 mm, 6 m (diameter 5-6 mm)
For stable fences we especially recommend our posts made of high-quality plastic, fibreglass or recycling material.
Recommended fence heights
The following fence heights are recommended values. Please also consider the size and the »jumping ability« of the animals and the valid safety regulations.
- Large horses: 140 cm, 95 cm, 50 cm (3 lines)
- Small horses and ponies: 120 cm, 75 cm, 45 cm (3 lines)
- Dairy cows and calves: 90-100 cm, 60 cm (2 lines)
- Bulls and mother cows with breed: 100-110 cm, 75 cm, 45 cm (3 lines)
- Pigs: 50 cm, 35 cm, 20 cm (3 lines)
- Boars: 80 cm, 50 cm, 30 cm (3 lines)
- Poultry and cats: 80-105 cm, 60 cm, 40 cm, 20 cm (4 lines)
- Dogs: 80 cm, 60 cm, 40 cm, 20 cm (4 lines)
- Rabbits and bunnies: 50 cm, 40 cm, 30 cm, 20 cm (4 lines)
- Red deer: 140 cm, 115 cm, 85 cm, 50 cm, 30 cm (5 lines)
- Sheep and goats: 145 cm, 120 cm, 105 cm, 90 cm (netting)